Friday, September 23, 2016

August Trip


The Child Sponsorship Program is getting off to a great beginning.

We are feeding children who were not getting the correct nutrition.
Thankfully, God chose you, the sponsor, to help a little child who is
suffering today.
Have you ever thought about the food a Nicaraguan would eat?
Typically, they have beans for breakfas, with a corn tortilla.


(This would be if you were eating every day, some are not.)
With our program, sponsored children will be able to eat every day. Now that is the type of good news I like to hear about.

Getting an education in Nicaragua is not a given. In America, every child
goes to school.  This is not so here.  I see more children out of school than in.

Chinandega is a city that I stay in when I go to Nicaragua.

 A lot of the villages where we sponsor children in are 45 minutes outside of the city.
To get to their homes it is a rugged ride over dusty dirt roads.
When you get there, and you see the children waiting for you with a smile
on their face, you know it is all worth it.
In August when I came we went to a new village I had not been to before.
This was where the seven new sponsored live.
Besides children being sponsored there Carlos, was getting to know the families there.
Pastor Carlos at The Bethlehem Farm

 We are praying he will be able to establish a church in this community.  When we start to develop
relationships in a community, we begin to understand medical needs also.

Many of the families have to make a choice: do I buy paper, or do we eat today?
You see, when children do not have school supplies such as pencils and paper, they
are not permitted to come to school.
Visiting the sponsored children every time I am in Nicaragua is what I strive to do.
Before we had the program for the children, Rigoberto(one of the missionaries working in Nicaragua), would take me to many different villages to visit families.  I would come home very disturbed at seeing how people were living in plastic houses with not enough food to eat.
He taught me a cold stove was an indication that the family had not eaten in a day or more.

 How were we going to change this situation?

Well, God knew what HE wanted to do I just didn't know it yet.

Thank you to all the people with so much compassion on these little ones.
May we strive to help be part of changing the next generation.
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact me, 
we have children waiting for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment